Sign Up for Our Build Your Own Terrarium Class Today!
Class Fee & Schedule
Fee Per Student: $60 (includes a $25 credit toward materials).
Schedule of Classes:
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
Saturday 12 noon to 2pm, and 3:30 to 5:30pm.
Attention All Class Alumni!
For a limited time you are welcome to REPEAT our Plant Your Own Terrarium Class as often as you like, FREE OF CHARGE, simply by paying for whatever you choose to plant at the end of each class. However, you must call 503-734-9996 to book your class reservations by phone before you attend. If this arrangement works out for everyone we may make it a permanent offer that can be booked through our website. Until then, just make the call and we will add you to the class.
The wider the container you choose, the more plants you will be able to include. The taller the container, the larger your plants can be. It is this combination of both width and height that will give you the greatest value in planting your own terrarium during the class.
So, plan to plant the big, beautiful terrarium of your dreams — one with a larger container that can handle a wider variety of plants, as well as larger crystals, rocks, minerals and figurines.
Remember that all the terrariums planted by our students during our classes still receive our "No-Fault Warranty" AND our "Maintenance for Tips" program for as long as you own your terrarium. You can safely invest in planting the terrarium you really want, and letting us keep it healthy and beautiful for years to come.
Did you know our classes are now the most popular "true terrarium" classes in the entire world?
It's true. Our survey of terrarium shops in all the major cities across the U.S. and around the world reveal that Roosevelt's Terrariums now offers more actual classes per week, with more actual attendance in each class, than any other terrarium shop in the world. Why might that be?
It is because here at Roosevelt's Terrariums we teach you how to plant a TRUE TERRARIUM; a CLOSED, WET, SCIENCE-BASED, LOW-MAINTENANCE terrarium. Not just another wide-open glass planter, with nothing but a succulent or an air plant. Each of our terrariums is a self-perpetuating, tropical ecosystem. In other words, a TRUE TERRARIUM WITH A LID. Because, as we say around here;
Our Great Wall of Glassware (With Lids!)
There is Bit More to Terrariums Than You Might Realize
Another reason our classes are so popular is because we begin each class with a brief history, then an explanation of the basic science, a presentation of the proven principles of terrarium design and finally, clear instructions on terrarium care and maintenance. That way, you, and your friends, end up with beautiful terrariums that will thrive for many, many years. And we guarantee it.
Another Reason for Our Popularity is Our "No Fault Guarantee"
In fact, we back up your terrarium planting with the same no-fault warranty that we offer for our own plantings. You can't fail with our terrariums, because we won't let you fail. All you have to do is bring them in and we will fix them up, just for tips. You can also add new plants to you healthy terrarium whenever you like, for just the cost of each plant.
Make a Date of It
Our terrarium classes make a great activity for your next date. It may be a “Girls (or Guys) Night Out,” a “Daddy Date,” a “Mommy Date” or a good old-fashioned "Kiss, Kiss, Hug, Hug, Date Date."
No matter how you choose to do it, you'll get to go home with beautiful terrariums that you planted yourselves.
Sip, Snack & Plant
When you arrive you are welcome to enjoy an ice-cold root beer, cream soda or bottled water from our classroom cooler. It's "on the house."
However, you are also welcome to bring along your favorite wine, cider, or beer, some cheese & crackers, and whatever else you would like to sip & snack on while you plant your terrariums. Have a party.
This makes our classes all the more enjoyable for you and your friends and family. We can normally set your party of up to ten at its own set of tables during the class if you like, though we may have to use any empty stations when needed. Call ahead to let us know what you want.
Promo & Discount Offers
It;s no secret that we participate in various promotional offers on various marketing platforms. However, all such offers are intended to be used only by new customers who have had no previous contact with us before.
Otherwise we end up having to share half our registration fees with those outside vendors for no reason. So please don't use those other offers if you are already here at our website.
However, in the spirit of fairness to you, if you have not already purchased your seats elsewhere, we are happy to match those outside offers with our own "2 for 1 offer," even though you are now here at our site (or in our shop), in order to thank you for inviting a few friends to attend the class together with you. That way, you get to enjoy the same discount you would have gotten, and we get to receive at least half of our normal registration fees. We also get to meet your friends.
Thank you for understanding and supporting us in doing the work that we love.
To Apply Our "2 for 1" Discount Offer (or Apply an Outside Vendor's Promo Code:
1. Click the "Book Now" button above.
2. Choose the day and class time you would like to attend.
3. When you click on the line, "Add promo or discount code" a text field will open up.
4. Enter the Promo Code "241" into the field.
5. This should turn the tuition amount from red to green and reduce your tuition fee by 50%.
6. Add your contact and payment info and click on the "Complete Your Booking" button at the bottom of the form.
7. If, after taking these steps, you have any problems at all, just call us at 503-734-9996 while you are still on our site and we will resolve the problem for you over the phone.
If you have already purchased an outside offer, no problem. Simply follow the same steps above, but add the Promo Code provided by your outside vendor. In that case, be sure to bring your offer's voucher with you to class to be redeemed here at the shop. You can either print it out, or have it open on your smart phone's app. Forgetting to bring your voucher may keep you from being admitted. Thank you.
Our terrarium classes are not only a great DIY opportunity. They also offer a great opportunity to do something fun and interesting together with people you enjoy being with.
Terms & Conditions
• Each student will have a $25 credit toward any terrarium package they choose. This credit may be applied to any glassware and plants that you choose. Students will pay only the difference at the end of their class.
* We participate in various promotional offers on various marketing platforms. These offers are intended to be used only by new customers who have had no contact with us before. However, we are happy to match these outside offers (i.e. 2 for 1 offers) through our shop in order to thank our current customers for bringing along their friends to attend our classes. We do ask is that those who exercise this privilege would apply their savings toward planting something really nice. Thank you for understanding and helping us to keep on doing the work we love.
* PLEASE NOTE: If you have purchased seats in our classes through one of our outside marketing offers, please read the instructions provided above to redeem your coupon or discount code. Call us at 503-734-9996 if you have any problems or questions.
* In order to receive our No-Fault Terrarium Warranty, all class materials must be provided by Roosevelt's Terrariums. In order to avoid contamination from pests and plant diseases, our students may NOT bring in their own terrarium containers, plants or other items for use during our classes.
* Introducing outside plants and other materials to your terrarium after class may void your terrarium warranty. Please ask us first before adding anything new to your terrarium.
* Our Poison Dart Frogs may only be added to terrariums of a larger size in circumference. This is in order to provide the frogs with adequate oxygen and ample room to roam around.
* Our $25 class credits may NOT be combined to plant one terrarium. Every class member must either plant his or her own terrarium or forfeits his or her credit.
* Classroom space does not normally allow for friends or family members to attend our classes without also registering to plant their own terrarium(s). Parents of younger children should normally plan to plant their own terrarium along side their children. We try to accommodate special requests when we can. Please call ahead to ask for permission before you arrive.
* Students may re-schedule their class reservations with 48 hours notice without penalty simply by calling 503-734-9996. Failure to provide such early notification may result in the forfeiture of class fees.
* All materials, (including glassware, plants and stones), at various prices and discounts, are subject to availability. All such materials are offered during each class on a "first come, first serve" basis and only "while supplies last." Whenever a particular item, container or plant is no longer available in a class, students must choose from those materials that are still available.
* Roosevelt's Terrariums may cancel or re-schedule any class at any time without notice as emergency circumstances or failure to meet minimum attendance requirements may require. In such cases, all students will be either rescheduled to another class on a future date or a full refund will be issued.