Sign Up for Our Build Your Own Terrarium Class Today!
Class Fees & Schedules
Fee Per Student: $60 (includes a $25 credit toward materials).
Regularly Scheduled Classes:
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
Saturday from 12 noon to 2 pm, and 3:30 to 5:30 pm.
Private Party Availability:
To book a Private Party requires a minimum of 10 students at $30 each and is limited to a maximum of 30 students total. Private Parties are scheduled as follows:
Mondays thru Fridays from 12 noon to 2 pm & 3:30 to 5:30 pm.
Saturdays from 8:30 am 10:30 am & 7 to 9 pm
You must call 503-734-9996 to book a Private Party.
NEW! Family & Friends Group of 4 Or More 50% Off Packages
Would you like to bring a group of 4 or more family & friends to take our terrarium class together? Well, we have got a special half price offer just for you! Just go HERE and choose our Group of 4 Or More option, or our Group of 4 Or More BYOB (i.e. Bring Your Own Beverages) option, to receive 50% off for your entire group. That's just $30 each! NOTE: This dicount may not be combined with any other offers.
Did you know our classes are now the most popular "classic terrarium" classes in the entire world?
It's true. Our survey of terrarium shops in all the major cities across the U.S. and around the world reveal that Roosevelt's Terrariums now offers more actual classes per week, with more actual attendance in each class, than any other terrarium shop in the world. Why might that be?
It is because here at Roosevelt's Terrariums we teach you how to plant a TRUE TERRARIUM; a CLOSED, WET, SCIENCE-BASED, LOW-MAINTENANCE terrarium. Not just another wide-open glass planter, with nothing but a succulent or an air plant. Each of our terrariums is a self-perpetuating, tropical ecosystem. In other words, a TRUE TERRARIUM WITH A LID. Because, as we say around here;
There is Bit More to Our Terrariums Than You Might Realize
Another reason our classes are so popular is because we begin each class with a brief history, then an explanation of the basic science, a presentation of the proven principles of terrarium design and finally, clear instructions on terrarium care and maintenance. That way, you, and your friends, end up with beautiful terrariums that will thrive for many, many years. And we guarantee it.
Our Great Wall of Glassware (With Lids!)
Another Reason for Our Popularity is Our "No Fault Guarantee"
In fact, we back up your terrarium planting with the same no-fault warranty that we offer for our own plantings. You can't fail with our terrariums, because we won't let you fail. All you have to do is bring them in and we will fix them up, just for tips. You can also add new plants to you healthy terrarium whenever you like, for just the cost of each plant.
Sip, Snack & Plant
When you arrive you are welcome to enjoy an ice-cold root beer, cream soda or bottled water from our classroom cooler. It's "on the house."
However, you are also welcome to bring along your favorite wine, cider, or beer, some cheese & crackers, and whatever else you would like to sip & snack on while you plant your terrariums. Just choose our Just go HERE and choose our BYOB option (i.e. Bring Your Own Beverages), or, if you have four or more adults in your party, choose our Group of 4 Or More BYOB option. Make you terrarium class a party.
P.S. If you call and ask we can normally set your party of up to ten off at its own set of tables during the class, though we may have to use any empty stations at your tables if you don't fill them. Call ahead to let us know what you want to do.
Words of Encouragement
Attention All Alumni!
Now that you know what you are doing, you are welcome to REPEAT our Plant Your Own Terrarium Class as often as you like, FREE OF CHARGE, simply by making your reservation through our website and paying for whatever you choose to plant at the end of each class. And you still get the usual $25 credit toward any terrarium over $50. Just enter the code "ALUMNUS" into the Promo Code field when you book your class reservations HERE. Bring a few friends along at our regular rate and plant beautiful terrariums together.
Make a Date of It
Our terrarium classes make a great activity for your next date. It may be a “Girls (or Guys) Night Out,” a “Daddy Date,” a “Mommy Date” or a good old-fashioned "Kiss, Kiss, Hug, Hug, Date Date."
No matter how you choose to do it, you'll get to go home with beautiful terrariums that you planted yourselves.
Our terrarium classes are not only a great DIY opportunity. They also offer a great opportunity to do something fun and interesting together with people you enjoy being with.
Terms & Conditions
• Each student will have a $25 credit toward any terrarium package they choose. This credit may be applied to any glassware and plants that you choose. Students will pay only the difference at the end of their class.
* We participate in various promotional offers on various marketing platforms. These offers are intended to be used only by new customers who have had no contact with us before. However, we are happy to match these outside offers (i.e. 2 for 1 offers) through our shop in order to thank our current customers for bringing along their friends to attend our classes. We do ask is that those who exercise this privilege would apply their savings toward planting something really nice. Thank you for understanding and helping us to keep on doing the work we love.
* PLEASE NOTE: If you have purchased seats in our classes through one of our outside marketing offers, please read the instructions provided above to redeem your coupon or discount code. Call us at 503-734-9996 if you have any problems or questions.
* In order to receive our No-Fault Terrarium Warranty, all class materials must be provided by Roosevelt's Terrariums. In order to avoid contamination from pests and plant diseases, our students may NOT bring in their own terrarium containers, plants or other items for use during our classes.
* Introducing outside plants and other materials to your terrarium after class may void your terrarium warranty. Please ask us first before adding anything new to your terrarium.
* Our Poison Dart Frogs may only be added to terrariums of a larger size in circumference. This is in order to provide the frogs with adequate oxygen and ample room to roam around.
* Our $25 class credits may NOT be combined to plant one terrarium. Every class member must either plant his or her own terrarium or forfeits his or her credit.
* Classroom space does not normally allow for friends or family members to attend our classes without also registering to plant their own terrarium(s). Parents of younger children should normally plan to plant their own terrarium along side their children. We try to accommodate special requests when we can. Please call ahead to ask for permission before you arrive.
* Students may re-schedule their class reservations with 48 hours notice without penalty simply by calling 503-734-9996. Failure to provide such early notification may result in the forfeiture of class fees.
* All materials, (including glassware, plants and stones), at various prices and discounts, are subject to availability. All such materials are offered during each class on a "first come, first serve" basis and only "while supplies last." Whenever a particular item, container or plant is no longer available in a class, students must choose from those materials that are still available.
* Roosevelt's Terrariums may cancel or re-schedule any class at any time without notice as emergency circumstances or failure to meet minimum attendance requirements may require. In such cases, all students will be either rescheduled to another class on a future date or a full refund will be issued.
Our Rules on Outside Promo Offers
It's no secret that we participate in various promotional offers on various marketing platforms. However, all such offers are intended only to be used new customers who have had no previous contact with our business. Otherwise, we end up having to share half our registration fees with those outside vendors for no real reason. So, please don't use those other offers if you are already here at our website. However, in the spirit of fairness to you...
If you have NOT already purchased your seats elsewhere, we are happy to match those other outside offers with our own "2 for 1 Offer." Even though you are already here at our website (or standing here in our shop), we offer you our Group of 4 Or More Package. That way, you get to enjoy the same two for one discount you would have gotten elsewhere, and we get to receive at least half of our normal registration fees. We both win. All you have to do is invite a few friends to join you for the class.
Thank you for understanding and supporting us in doing the work that we love.
To receive your 50% discount, just go HERE and choose our "Group of 4 Or More" option. You will receive 50% off for your entire group. Everyone, ages 5 years and up, may attend together with this offer.
P.S. If you have already purchased an outside offer, we understand. To register on our website simply click the big green button and add the Promo Code provided by your outside vendor. Please be sure to bring your offer's voucher code with you to class to be redeemed here at our shop. You can either print it out, or have the app open on your smart phone. Forgetting to bring your voucher may keep you from being admitted. Thank you.