Sign Up for Our Build Your Own Terrarium Class!
Class Fee & Schedule
Fee Per Student: $60 (includes a $25 credit toward materials)
Schedule of Classes:
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
Saturday 12 noon to 2pm, and 3:30 to 5:30pm.
Fathers Day is Sunday, June 18th
Your dad called* and told me to tell you that he wants to do something together with all his kids and grand kids (ages 5 and up) this year. So... why not plant terrariums together in one of our classes the week before or after Fathers Day? (We will be closed on Fathers Day Sunday so I can be with my own family.) So you can still grill out on that Sunday afternoon. But start rallying your own family now and register ASAP. Do it for Dad. He's gonna love you for it!
*Well, maybe he didn't actually "call," but he would have if he had known about this place. And he really does want to spend more time with you. I know, because I'm a father too.
Take advantage of our terrarium class by planning to plant the big, beautiful terrarium of your dreams — one with a larger container and a wider variety of plants, stones, mosses, crystals, rocks, minerals and figurines.
Terrariums planted by students in our classes still receive our "No-Fault Warranty" AND free maintenance for as long as you own your terrarium. You can safely invest in planting the terrarium you really want, and letting US keep it healthy and beautiful for years to come.
Did you know our classes are now the most popular "true terrarium" classes in the entire world?
It's true. Our survey of terrarium shops in all the major cities across the U.S. and around the world reveal that Roosevelt's Terrariums offers more actual classes per week, with more actual attendance in each class, than any other terrarium shop in the world. Why is that?
In part it is because this is Oregon where people love the wonders of nature and love doing things for themselves. Portland especially is a city of "makers." We love DIY activities. And, terrariums offer a great DIY experience.
Another reason our classes are so popular is because here at Roosevelt's Terrariums we teach you how to plant a TRUE TERRARIUM; a WET, SCIENCE-BASED, LOW-MAINTENANCE terrarium. Not a wide open glass planter, with nothing but a succulent or an air plant, but a closed, self-perpetuating, tropical ecosystem. In other words, A TRUE TERRARIUM WITH A LID. Because, as we say around here;
Our Great Wall of Glassware (With Lids!)
There is Bit More to Terrariums Than You Might Know
Another reason our classes are so popular is because we begin each class with a brief history, then an explanation of the basic science, a presentation of the proven principles of terrarium design and finally, clear instructions on terrarium care and maintenance. That way, you, and your friends, end up with beautiful terrariums that will thrive for many, many years. And we guarantee it.
Another Reason for Our Popularity is Our "No Fault Guarantee"
In fact, we back up your terrarium planting with the same no-fault warranty that we offer for our own plantings. You can't fail with our terrariums, because we won't let you fail. All you have to do is bring them in and we will fix them up. You can also add new plants to you healthy terrarium whenever you like, for just a small fee.
Make a Date of It
Our terrarium classes make a great activity for your next date. It may be a “Girls (or Guys) Night Out,” a “Daddy Date,” a “Mommy Date” or a good old-fashioned "Kiss, Kiss, Hug, Hug, Date Date." No matter how you choose to do it, you'll get to go home with beautiful terrariums that you planted yourselves.
Sip, Snack & Plant
BYOB: You are always welcome to bring along your favorite wine, chocolates, cheese & crackers, or whatever you like to sip & snack on while you plant your terrariums. This makes our classes all the more enjoyable for you and your friends. You are also welcome to enjoy an ice-cold root beer from our shop cooler, "on the house," when you arrive.
Got A Promotional Code?
To Apply Your Promo Code:
1. Click the "Book Now" button above. Choose the day and class time you would like to attend.
2. If you have purchased seats through a CURRENT marketing offer (i.e. AFTER April 2nd, 2017), enter the unique Promo Code letters provided on your voucher into the Promo Code or Voucher Field at the top of the registration form.
3. If you have purchased seats through one of our FORMER marketing offers (i.e. Those offered PRIOR to April 2nd, 2017), you need to enter only the NAME OF THE COMPANY from which you purchased your voucher into the Promo Code Field provided WITH NO SPACES.
4. In both cases this should reduce your tuition fee to $0 and allow you to add your name to the list for that class at no additional charge. Add your contact info and then click on "Complete Your Booking."
5. If, after taking these steps, you have any problems at all, please call us at 503-734-9996 and we will assist you or, if need be, complete your registration for you over the phone.
6. Please remember to bring your voucher with you to class to be redeemed on site. (Our booking site does not actually redeem your voucher.) Forgetting to do so may keep you from being admitted. Thank you for your patience with this process.
Our terrarium classes are not only a great DIY opportunity. They also offer a great opportunity to do something fun and interesting together with people you enjoy being with.
Wedding Party "Center Piece" Terrarium Planting Classes
Calling all brides to be! Here is an idea that really can work for everyone, brides, bridesmaids and wedding guests.
Give your brides maids (and, for that matter, your groomsmen. Guys enjoy planting terrariums too!) a fun wedding party activity before the wedding that ALSO produces beautiful table center pieces for your wedding reception during the wedding (at no additional cost!) AND provides wonderful thank-you gifts to send home with your wedding party members after the wedding (again, at no additional cost!). Its, win, win, win!
The fun is amazing. The savings are phenomenal, and the quality is so much higher than anything else you could buy. (Oh, and by the way, if you are the Father of the Bride who is paying for the wedding, you are NOT being cheap. You're just being smart. Don't worry, there will be plenty of other ways for you to spend all the money you save with this activity. The bride and groom will love you for it.)
BTW, our regular terrarium planting classes also make a great bonding experience for all your out-of town relatives and guest, young and old, to enjoy together while they are visiting Portland before and after the wedding.
Wedding Parties are welcome to attend our regularly scheduled group classes. However, please sign up your entire group together as a group, rather than one at a time, in order to assure seating for everyone in the same class.
For Private Wedding Party Classes
- A minimum of 8 people (up to a maximum of 30) must preregister together.
- A non-refundable deposit of $400 (i.e. 50% of the minimum number of 8 at $99 each) is required to reserve a unique time and date for your Wedding Party Class.
- Wedding Party Classes are only offered on weekdays from either 11am to 1pm, or from 2:30 to 4:30pm.
- A Registration Fee of $99 to $149 per person will include a $99 to $149 (retail value) terrarium package.
- Wedding Party hosts are welcome to bring their own wine, chocolate, cheese and fruit plates to serve their group.
- Though many of our terrariums can easily be taken home by airplane as a "carry on," some out-of-town students may prefer rather to donate their terrariums to a local school through our "Free Terrariums for Science Classrooms" program.
Call 503-734-9996 to book your Wedding Party terrarium class.
Private Organizational Team Building Classes
Our terrarium classes make great bonding experiences for any team of co-workers.
Organizational Teams are welcome to attend our regularly scheduled group classes. However, please sign up your entire team together as a group, rather than one at a time, in order to assure adequate seating for everyone in the same class.
For Private Team Building Classes
- A minimum of 8 people (up to a maximum of 30) must preregister together.
- A non-refundable deposit of $400 (i.e. 50% of the minimum number of 8 at $99 each) is required to reserve a unique time and date for your Private Team Building Class.
- Private Team Building Classes are offered on weekdays from either 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, or from 3 to 5 pm.
- A Registration Fee of $99 to $149 per person will include a full $99 to $149 (retail value) terrarium package for each member.
- Team Building Class hosts are welcome to bring their own wine, chocolate, cheese and fruit plates to serve their group.
Call 503-734-9996 to book your Team Building terrarium class.
Happy Birthday to You!
Our Private Birthday Parties are always a hit, whether you are five or a hundred and five. And these parties are very versatile. They can adapt to fit the host's preferences. They may also be used to "pool the generosity" of friends and family to underwrite the costs of doing something really special together for the birthday guy or girl.
Registration fees for our Private Birthday Party Classes begin at $49 per attendee, with the entire fee being applied to planting a $49 terrarium package. This terrarium package may be selected ahead of time by the party host for his or her guests, or selected by the attendees themselves during the class. Hosts may upgrade to larger and nicer packages as they choose (Our most popular packages for adults run between $65 to $89 extra, with ALL of these fees applied directly to the larger terrarium packages).
Hosts are free to cover these terrarium class fees as a gift to their birthday party guests, or, they may pass these fees on to each attendee to cover whatever part they choose as a contribution of support for the birthday event. (e.g. This is similar to what is commonly done with theme-park party entrance fees.).
Hosts may also choose to establish a Gift Card Fund for upgrading the birthday guy or girl's own terrarium package ahead of the party. Attendees simply call Roosevelt's at 503-734-9996 to donate to the fund and the final gift card is then presented ceremoniously to the recipient at the beginning of the birthday party.
Additional upgrades may be permitted onsite during the actual party by each guest. Parents & other guardians are welcome to plant their own terrarium along side their child during the birthday party and simply pay for whatever they choose to plant at the end of the class.
A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required to reserve the party time and date. Full payment for the selected Private Birthday Party package must be received in full one week prior to the birthday party.
Private Birthday Party Classes are normally offered on weekdays from 11:30 am to 1:30pm and from 3 to 5pm and also on Saturday mornings from 8:30 to 10:30am.
Hosts are welcome to bring their own birthday cake, cup cakes and soft drinks for their guests. For adults, wine, cheese and crackers may also be brought and served by the host.
Call 503-734-9996 to book your Birthday Party terrarium class.
Terms & Conditions for Our Classes:
• Each student will have a $25 credit toward any terrarium package they choose. This credit may be applied to any glassware and plants that you choose. Students will pay only the difference at the end of their class.
* It is no secret that we participate in various promotional offers on various marketing platforms. These offers are only intended to be used by our new customers. However, we do not mind so much if our current customers use these outside offers to introduce our shop to their friends. All we ask is that you apply the savings you enjoy toward planting something really nice. Thank you for understanding and helping us to keep on doing what we love.
* PLEASE NOTE: If you have purchased seats in our classes through one of our outside marketing offers, please read the instructions provided above to redeem your voucher or coupon code. Call us at 503-734-9996 if you have any problems or questions.
* In order to receive our No-Fault Terrarium Warranty, all class materials must be provided by Roosevelt's Terrariums. In order to avoid contamination from pests and plant diseases, our students may NOT bring in their own terrarium containers, plants or other items for use during our classes.
* Introducing outside plants and other materials to your terrarium after class may void your terrarium warranty. Please ask us first before adding anything new to your terrarium.
* Our Poison Dart Frogs may only be added to terrariums of a larger size in circumference. This is in order to provide the frogs with adequate oxygen and ample room to roam around.
* Our $25 credits may not be combined plant one terrarium. However, on our largest terrariums, (i.e those over $175 retail), are discounted at least $50 off retail, making them as good or better than applying a "double credit."
* Classroom space does not normally allow for friends or family members to attend our classes without also registering to plant their own terrarium(s). Parents of younger children normally enjoy planting their oiwn terrarium along side their children. We try to accommodate special requests whenever we can. Please call ahead to ask for permission before you arrive.
* Students may re-schedule their own class reservations online with 48 hours notice without penalty. Failure to provide such early notification may result in the forfeiture of class fees.
* All materials, (including glassware, plants and stones), at various prices and discounts, are subject to availability. All such materials are offered during each class on a "first come, first serve" basis and only "while supplies last." Whenever a particular item, container or plant is no longer available in a class, students must choose from those materials that are available.
* Roosevelt's Terrariums may cancel or re-schedule any class at any time without notice as emergency circumstances may require. In such cases, all students will be either rescheduled to another class or a full refund will be issued.